If you have been watching Kdramas at all in 2020 and NOT been living under a rock, I am POSITIVE you have heard of Flower of Evil. You have probably even WATCHED it!
This "review" will be little different. First I will give you a short synopsis of the drama and then if you need MORE convincing to click play on this drama, I will give you 5 reasons why you should watch Flower of Evil. These 5 reasons are 5 reasons why I LOVE this drama! AGAIN, NO SPOILERS!
Synopsis: What would you do if you found out that you might be married to a serial killer? Well this is the question for a detective when she finds out that her husband might not be who he says he is?
In my opinion, This Kdrama is a MUST WATCH especially if you are a fan of the crime genre like me. Here are 5 reasons why I think Flower of Evil is a MUST WATCH 2020 KDRAMA!
1) The Story - With that kind of synopsis, why aren't you clicking play already? The story is captivating and keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire way through the drama. Just when you think everything is revealed and all the secrets are out there for everyone to know, this drama seems to lay another one down on the table. It takes a very classic crime story setup and turns it on its head into something new and riveting.
2) Emotional Rollercoaster - The story puts you on an emotional rollercoaster THATS FOR SURE! One minute you may be watching a sweet scene between the 2 leads and the next, you are yelling at your screen out of anxiety because so much is going on in one scene. This drama not only takes the audience for a ride but the characters experience all the emotions in this drama. LET ME TELL YOU, these emotions are BEAUTIFULLY acted out by the way!
3) Chemistry - The posters of the 2 leads - Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won gives you a little preview of their chemistry in this drama. The chemistry between the 2 leads leaps off the screen. The chemistry just oozes from these two when they are together. Not only that, the chemistry with the rest of the cast and other couples in this drama IS SO GOOD! This cast had great synergy when working together.
4) Twists and Turns - As I said with the storyline, just when you think you know everything, THIS DRAMA THROWS YOU FOR ANOTHER LOOP! It may have some cliché story lines when it comes to crime dramas - especially if you are like me and seen SO MANY CRIME DRAMAS BUT there is something very satisfying about all the twists and reveals in this one. I definitely guessed some of the twists before they happened, but others surprised even me. I love when I am surprised in crime dramas nowadays. All of the twists and turns in this drama will make you keep clicking play on the next episode and will keep you engrossed throughout the entire drama.
5) The Acting - THIS IS THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS DRAMA! The acting in this drama WAS SUPERB! The way that Lee Joon Gi went from a loving husband and doting father in one frame to a scary, potential killer in the next frame - just with a change in his facial expression WAS EVERYTHING! All the actors and actresses in this drama did a great job, especially with expressing emotions in this high anxiety setup. One surprise entry in this entire cast BLEW EVERYONE AWAY with their acting but I can't say anything because SPOILERS! (Honestly, this surprise entry was the reason why I clicked play on this drama - sorry Lee Joon Gi, I still love you)
MY ONLY CON: (Why it has a 9.5 and not a 10) - I was NOT a fan on how episode 16 started BUT episode 16 redeemed itself by the end so I can forgive it. I grew to love it by the end.
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT! My "Review" of Flower of Evil...Seriously, if you have not seen this Kdrama, why are you NOT clicking play on episode 1 RIGHT NOW!?
So, have you seen Flower of Evil?
What did you think?
Is it on your list to watch?
Have you checked out my review for the Cdrama - A Murderous Affair in Horizon Tower?